Re: Why is Firefox such a beast??

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:43:28 +0000 (UTC)
Beartooth <Beartooth@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 	Very simple -- I'm talking about what the firefox updater calls
> updates : i.e., new releases of any or several add-ons, *not* new
> releases of Firefox itself.

If you remove the extraneous language packs as I instructed earlier, they will
not come back until you update Firefox.  Updating the add-ons is not updating
Firefox.

> 	What else am I supposed to call them, instead of what Firefox
> itself calls them??

I would call it updating a Firefox add-on or extension.  Which is a completely
different issue than updating Firefox.

Here, by the way, probably lies your problem.  Your original issue was long
start-up times and instability.  If you're really loading that many extensions
and add-ons into Firefox, that's the reason.  The higher you pile the load on
the wagon, the harder it is to pull and the more likely it is that something
will fall off.