Re: kernel bug in 2.6.25-14.fc9.x86_64 for r8101E NIC?

Alan Cox wrote:
>                                -> GSI
>
>> 17 (level, low) -> IRQ 17
>>     Sep 24 09:02:22 localhost kernel: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL
>>                                                       pointer
>> dereference at 0000000000000208
>>

> What is needed to debug this is all the stuff after the BUG: line - the
> numbers and trace information. If you can capture that then it should be
> easy to work out if what you are seeing is a fixed bug and a kernel
> update will help.
>
> Alan

Will do.

I renamed the old driver r8169 to offr8169,
rebooted and was able to install the r8101 driver.
(There was typo in the original post indicating it
was the r8108  driver.)

I'll re-generate the error messages and post the
results on Friday. (I deleted the old  /var/log/messages
file since there was to much noise in it so I need to
reboot to regenerate the errors but my machine is
currently updating Fedora.)

The LAN, wireless and sound are working so I'm
happy camper.

--
Article. VI. Clause 3 of the constitution of the United States states:

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of
the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers,
both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by
Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test
shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust
under the United States."