Re: nvida drivers

Ewan Mac Mahon wrote:
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 02:52:47PM -0700, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Armin Moradi <feng.shaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, I don't think there are updated drivers for the newest kernel yet, so
you just have to wait!  That's why you don't have 3D effects.

No, that's not right.

It is if the OP is (sensibly) using the livna packaged drivers; the
livna build system is out of commission at the moment. Some details, and
couple of possible work-arounds, here:
<http://thorstenl.blogspot.com/2008/09/live-is-bitch-livna-buildsys-down-thus.html>

Ewan

This is one reason that I like the FreshRPMs way of doing the kernel mod. It will re-create the kernel module on reboot as required using Dynamic Kernel Modules (DKMS).

The only time this didn't work was when the Nvidia driver was not compatible with the kernel.

--
Robin Laing