Re: [OT] Monitor recommendations with a wide hsync range

Marko Vojinovic wrote:
On Wednesday 24 September 2008 03:11, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Tuesday 23 September 2008, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
Is there any other way to make a square fit to a circle? Here RGB signal
is a requirement --- s-video, composite and similar stuff are out of the
picture, unfortunately.
One of the guys on the coco list is making a scan doubler that takes RGB at
NTSC scan rates, and doubles the data rate, then doubles the line to be fed
to a vga monitor.  It works quite well on my coco3.  I have no idea if it
could be used on a PAL system or not.

Email: RJRTTY@xxxxxxx

Thanks for the pointer. I've heard of these scan doublers, it seems that such a device is an interface for precisely this purpose. But I don't know can it be bought in a store (or on the net somewhere) or it just exists as a solder-it-yourself kit...
You can get commercial ones from various audiovisual equipment manufacturers such as extron, altinex {maybe}, scan-do, sony {not sure if the one I'm thinking of is still available}. Scalers would tend to have extra capabilities you might not need.

DaveT.