Re: nvida drivers

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 03:52:01PM -0700, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Ewan Mac Mahon <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> No, that's not right.
> >
> > It is if the OP is (sensibly) using the livna packaged drivers; the
> > livna build system is out of commission at the moment. Some details, and
> > couple of possible work-arounds, here:
> > <http://thorstenl.blogspot.com/2008/09/live-is-bitch-livna-buildsys-down-thus.html>
>
> If the Livna RPMs are willingly installing kernel modules for a kernel
> where they don't load, then there's a lot more broken than just their
> build system.

They're not; there simply aren't livna kmod-nvidia packages that match
the latest F9 kernels; if you've got the latest F9 kernel then you won't
get a matching nVidia module, and hence no 3D.

To be absolutely certain of the state of the OP's system we'd ideally
need to see the outputs of 'yum list kmod-nvidia*', 'yum list kernel'
and 'uname -a', which would tell us which nVidia kernel module packages
they have installed, which kernels, and of those kernels, which they're
running. I'd guess that they'll have the most recent and most-recent
-but-one kernel, the kmod-nvidia package matching the most-recent-but
-one kernel, and they're running the most recent kernel.

Ewan