Re: [OT] Monitor recommendations with a wide hsync range

On Tuesday 23 September 2008, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
>This is OT, but I guess there are some among you folks who could provide
> some info on this, please... :-)
>
>My old monitor just died beyond repair, and now I am considering bying a new
>one (widescreen tft something, typically).
>
>However, I would also like to connect some video equipment to that monitor,
> in addition to the pc. The equipment is custom-made, sends a standard RGB
> signal, resolution can be adjusted as neccessary, but hsync and vsync
> values are mainly fixed to PAL values, ie hsync is 15 KHz, as compared to
> the VGA standard of 31.4 KHz.
>
>Is there any computer monitor out in the market today that can sync down to
> 15 KHz?

Not to my knowledge since about 10 years ago.

>Is there any other way to make a square fit to a circle? Here RGB signal is
> a requirement --- s-video, composite and similar stuff are out of the
> picture, unfortunately.

One of the guys on the coco list is making a scan doubler that takes RGB at
NTSC scan rates, and doubles the data rate, then doubles the line to be fed
to a vga monitor.  It works quite well on my coco3.  I have no idea if it
could be used on a PAL system or not.

Email: RJRTTY@xxxxxxx

--
Cheers, Gene