Re: OT - php toolkit/framework

Bazooka Joe wrote:
I need to do a pro bono inventory control web ap. I am an experienced
php/mysql programmer but I am dreading making all the input forms and
reports that will be needed. Did some googling but many toolkits seem
out of date.

What would you recommend for a rapid development toolkit or framework
for LAMP environment?

ZendFramework-1.6.1 was just released.

It's an MVC framework written in PHP. All OO. Hooks and packages for everything from AJAX to XmlRpc. Not a lot of tutorials out there yet but looks very promising.

As with all things, what you get out of it depends on how much you are willing to put into it.

I've converted a php/mysql based site to it. At first the going was slow but as it started to come together (and I began to understand it) it began to move quickly.

http://framework.zend.com/

hth,
:m)