Re: How to mount an LVM volume? (was lvm2 problem)

At 07:54 PM 9/22/2008, Antonio Olivares wrote:

You can try to use Slax Linux Live CD(get the latest slax608rc6.iso.

http://www.slax.org/forum.php?action=view&parentID=17340

or you can also use:

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=707874

to find out answers!
<<<<<

Good evening, Antonio.

Thanks, I read through both of those (as best I could given the HUGE array of irrelevant stuff in the first reference) and between that and everything else I have spent the afternoon researching, I cannot find anything that addresses the case where both physical drives are detected by the system as VolGroup00 (so that according to /dev/mapper I have only one VolGroupXX, and according to pvs, both /dev/sda2 and /dev/sdb2 have a VolGroup00.

There appears to be no way for the system to distinguish between the VolGroup00 on /dev/sda2 and the VolGroup00 on /dev/sdb2.

ALL documentation I have read assumes that the VolGroup on one drive is 00 and the one on another drive is 01.

Until I can resolve that one issue, I cannot mount my old FC6 drive, at all.