Re: desperately seeking "IgnoreEDID"

Quoting Konstantin Svist <fry.kun@xxxxxxxxx>:

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
Quoting Konstantin Svist <fry.kun@xxxxxxxxx>:

Try using fglrx instead of radeon driver. It has much better support
for recognizing bad EDID. At least it works
properly on my external monitor (while radeon and radeonhd
fuck up the resolution)

ok, but keep in mind we're not talking about "bad" EDID,
just *unwanted* EDID which might be perfectly valid.  what
i'm hoping is that fglrx will honour the "IgnoreEDID"
directive in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

Right, I meant exactly that. My StarLogic monitors return some EDID that
causes radeon* drivers to display a lower resolution.
fglrx works perfectly for me.

excellent, i'll give that a shot first thing tomorrow morning.  i'm
guessing that my system won't have the flgrx module, so i'm assuming
i'll have to track it down.

rday