Script help

I've been googling to find ways of doing this but I'm not finding what
I'm looking for. I think this should be fairly easy, so I'm hoping a
script guru out there can tell me what I need.

I have some files that are all named like:
myfile387465893495643658734.txt
myfile547647453645635632454.txt
myfile563546356243546767546.txt
myfile465565634678567345656.txt
myfile456674567452345566345.txt

I need to find all files that start with 'myfile', end in .txt Then I
need to find the most recent version and use it in a command.

Can anyone rattle this off of the top of their head?

Help is appreciated.

Thanks,
James