Re: phonon message at login

landon kelsey <landonmkelsey <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> I get an error message at login something about
>
> phonon
> the audio playback device does not work
> switching to xxxxx from yyyyy
>
> xxxx  sounds like my motherboard built in sound facility

Probably the phonon-backend-gstreamer. Either wait for the Phonon update which
is queued for stable now which will drag the (working) phonon-backend-xine in
as a hard requirement (because otherwise yum picks the wrong one) or install it
by hand right now:
su -c "yum install phonon-backend-xine"

Sorry for the inconvenience, we expected yum would pick the right one
automatically because of the shorter name, but it turns out yum tries to
be "smarter" these days and does the wrong thing in this case.

        Kevin Kofler