Re: F9 and laptop speakers

Here it is.

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Unknown device 0001
	Memory at ce000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
Capabilities: [60] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-
	Capabilities: [70] Express Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
	Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
	Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel

I have muted speakers while ear phones are on as a workaround.

Thanks

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Srikanth Konjarla wrote:
Running F9 on Toshiba Tecra M9 laptop. Usually, when ear phones are
inserted into then the audio is disabled on speakers and only available
through earphones. However, my laptop does not disable speakers instead
plays in both of them. Wondering where to look. Running pulse audio.

Thanks

Srikanth

What audio chipset do you have? It sounds like disabling the
speakers when you plug in earphones is under software control. You
may need to check a checkbox on the ALSA mixer, or specify a
different model for your chipset. This is common with the Intel HDA
chipset. (ALSA does not recognize the configuration on my Toshiba
A105-S4004 so I have to play with it.)

Mikkel