Re: FireFox 3 EULA

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Joel Rees wrote:

That would be, I'm assuming, that you have bought the product and have some sort of license thereby to use it?

If you have acquired a product (e.g. bought it from a shop, downloaded it, etc) then you do not need a licence to use it. I don't have to agree to a licence in order to eat the loaf of bread I bought, nor do I have to agree to a licence to use the software I bought.

In the case of downloading, then a distribution licence is needed to make the downloading itself legal, but the use of the downloaded software does not require a licence.

 - Steve
   xmpp:steve@xxxxxxxxxxx   sip:steve@xxxxxxxxxxx   http://www.nexusuk.org/