Re: small fonts after upgrade from F7 to F9

Eric Smith wrote:
Tom Horsley wrote:
> For me, this was all due to the newer X insisting on using the EDID
> info of my monitor, so the computed dots per inch may have been
> accurate, but didn't look very good.

I'm getting the small fonts both on the console, and over an NX session. Over NX I would expect that it might not get an accurate DPI. It's claiming 75, so I changed that to 100, and it's much better. I wonder if I can get that to "stick" for NX sessions. (I'm using the Nomachine NX server, because I can never get the one in the Fedora repository to work for any length of time.)

I'll check the setting on a console X session the next time I go to the colo.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Eric

As all good IT people know, you have to do a clean install to get ultimate performance from your OS. This includes all OS's! My first valiant try to upgrade Fedora failed. Not noticeable at first but after some time became very noticeable. Strange errors with no answer that worked. Even installing a screen saver was an issue. But it was my fault because I broke the golden rule. No upgrades, only fresh install. After which, everything is working fantastically using Fedora 9 KDE 4.1.

Hope it helps,
Alex