Re: Does Thundergird Crash when to many Emalis in Inbox ??

Jim wrote:
Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Jim wrote:
FC8
Does Thunderbird crash when you have  to many emails in Inbox ??
I have a friend that has had thunderbird crash three times in one year
he says he has 600 emails in Inbox, and I check to see how many emails are in his inbox and there isn't 600 email there. But he does leave a
lot of emails in the Inbox.
You try to read emails and they are not emails from the person that sent
them ,they are from someoe else.
Is there something wrong with Thunderbird that causes it to crash, when
you get to many emails in the Inbox ??
Is there a better email browser, not Evolution.
Is there a virus out there that affects email boxes, he gets email from
all over the US, I have never seen one person get so emails as he does.

Does he have problems with any other programs crashing?

Mikkel
No, just thunderbird. what I mean by crash is the emails come but there screwed up, email comes one person. and has body of email from another person.

I have seen this at work. The only people that this happens with all use Outlook and Exchange server. One person it happens with with almost every email. I have seen this same problem more times in Evolution than in TB.

I normally have over 2000 messages in lists that I don't keep a close eye on that I need to follow from time to time. I cannot remember the last time that TB crashed. My ImageMagick list is presently at 3438 messages. I guess I had better get reading. :)

Try running
  File > Compact Folders.

This will clean up index files.  It needs to be run form time to time.

--
Robin Laing