Re: Livna Dependency problem xine-lib-extras-nonfree

Aaron Konstam wrote:
Thanks Kevin,

I'd been wondering why clearing the metadata cache wasn't sufficient to
re-enable updates. If it's of any use to anyone else who updated their
Livna packages before the deluge of Fedora updates, I ran the following;

yum remove xine-lib-extras-nonfree
yum clean all
yum update
yum install xine-lib-extras-nonfree

Regards,

Michael

I could not install xine-lib-extras-nonfree earlier as I assume you could not.
But today it worked without any yum clean being necessary. I assume it
was just a mirror problem.

Well aside from the question of whether it was necessary to clean the
cache (I took my cue from Nataraj's post in the "When the floodgates
open ..." thread) I gathered the problem that some were experiencing
didn't purely and simply come down to transitory synch issues:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-September/msg01124.html