Re: Q re F8 and updates

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I'm reading about all the yum problems, but none of them have given a clue
> that will help me.
>
> My yum, or yumex, is not showing me an updated fedora-release package, so
> obviously I cannot even do a yum update yum-keys.
>
> Is there not such a file for F8 yet, or is there a hand edit I need to do for
> fedora-updates.repo?

Don't have f8 to check...  However, it could be exactly what happened on
my f9 system.  Running "yum update" came back with no packages to
update.  Obviously my system was calling up a mirror that hadn't been
synced yet.  So, I just did a few "yum clean all ; yum update" until a
suitable mirror was accessed.

--
In Denver it is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next-door
neighbor.