phpMyAdmin logout prompts for user/password again

I'm running phpMyAdmin on Fedora 9: phpMyAdmin-2.11.8.1-1.fc9.noarch

I use an Apache rewrite rule to force connections to that site to be via https since I'm accessing it from "outside" and there are user names/passwords involved.

Basically if the connection is not HTTPS, I redirect it to https:... so it tried again, of course this time it IS HTTPS so things continue.

It works fine, but when I exit from phpMyAdmin (use the exit icon/button), I get another HTTP/1.1 401 Not Authorized prompt for a user id/password again instead of a "clean" exit that just says something like "You are now logged out, click here to login again".

It's not a big deal, but I show up in my own logwatch reports now as somebody who's trying "break in".

When phpMyAdmin exits, why is it asking me for a userid and password again?

Is this something I should create a bug report on?

Thanks,
Don Russell