Spam: Open source alternative to Microsoft's System Management Server

Does anyone have an open source alternative to Microsoft's System Management Server (SMS)? SMS will do a ton of stuff but the main thing we need it for is keeping up with IT hardware assets (what computers we have, disk space on each, processors, memory, etc) and need it to keep up with Windows machines as well as Linux machines.

Thanks!

Arch