Re: Fetchmail + Sendmail for local users ??

Thanks,

Now I am trying to implement Fetchmail + Dovecot at Server level and outlook Exp at user.

While checking IMAP folder through OE at server, it ask for the u/n and p/s at 172.16.251.234, on giving password it gives following error:

Configuration:
   Account: 172.16.251.234
   Server: 172.16.251.234
   User name: arunsh
   Protocol: IMAP
   Port: 143
   Secure(SSL): 0
   Code: 800ccc03

I think there is some problem with mode of u/n and p/w, can anybody help me

regards

Arun

On 9/6/08, Timothy Murphy <gayleard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Arun Shrimali wrote:

> It means that I have to configure fetchmail + dovecot and outlook or other
> client at local users PC.
>
> Please mention the howto of this combination if any body knows ......

I'm no expert, but I collect my email with fetchmail
(and uucp, but that is almost certainly irrelevant)
on one computer, "helen".
I run dovecot (a simple IMAP server) on helen,
with Fedora's "service dovecot".

I read the email on any laptop with kmail,
which allows IMAP accounts.
The point of this (for me) is that the email remains on helen.

The only things one needs to do is edit /etc/dovecot.conf ,
which is straightforward, and add an IMAP account on kmail
which is also straightforward.

It may all be described in the Brennan home server tutorial
I mentioned before, at <http://www.brennan.id.au/>.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net