Re: [SOLVED] F9: Sharing local NTFS file-systems under Samba

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> I guess I need a little direction here.
>
> I have created an NTFS partition under F9, and noticed
> that this partition upon login automatically FUSE mounts
> to my desktop.  Ok, well, I did try to add  this partition to the
> fstab. this partition to my /wApp1 directory but found that
> there were conflicts in doing so - so I gave up at one point and
> let the FUSE do it's job.
>
> But then later, I decided I wanted to samba-share this partition
> and this is where I am perplexed.
>
> Although, I can use Nautilus to access/change these files in the wApp1
> directories, but I also noticed that all directories and files are 40777,
> is set to fuse_t,  and it seems that there is no possible way for me to
> chcon, chown, chmod anything therein in order to samba share anything
> with any granularity (usr, group, other) and noticed that selinux reports
> that these dir/files are RO, cannot be shared, but that I can issue a
> samba
> boolean to share RO files which is not what I want to do - that is - to
> samba-group share the dir/files as writeable and to a list of trusted
> users.
>
> I have added trusted users to /etc/samba/smbuser file - but it seems that > smbpasswd -a user has no effect (at least I cannot see where the results
> are saved, if at all) and I did use the System->Administration->Samba
> tool to share the specific directories, with selected users, visable &
> writable
> but this did not seem to work either.
>
> I am not sure if I should let FUSE do it's work or to somehow not let
> FUSE
> "take over" and add the NTFS file-system to fstab.
>
> So, how should one go about properly setting up samba-shares of these
> NTFS
> file-systems?

Geez, with a little digging, I finally found out how to do it from:
http://www.nabble.com/Can%27t-export-samba-share-td18570296.html

Solution: setsebool -P samba_share_fusefs 1

and you are done!  Amazing!

Hmm...  I wonder - if I or anyone else is not logged in, does that mean
my wApp1 is not fuse mounted and if so,  will the samba share fail?

Dan