Re: [Fwd: Fedora 8 and 9 updates status]

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 02:49:18 -0400,
  "David C. Chipman" <dchipman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 14:03:08 -0500
> Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Replace $arch with $arch.newkey to get to the new updates and
> > updates-testing trees. I haven't seen an update to the release trees
> > show up yet.
> >
> 	Hi Bruno,
>
> 		I'm trying to take your advice about changing $arch to
> $arch.newkey, and it doesn't make any difference. *Where* exactly
> should the changes be made? I modified the fedora.repo and
> fedora-updates.repo files, with no change. Thanks,

I was being a bit cryptic. I didn't really want to encourage a lot of
people to start grabbing stuff from those repos before the official
instructions were out that weren't capable of fixing things on their
own if something went wrong. Since the original question was about local
mirrors I figured in that context it would be clear what I was talking about.
Anyway you got a more detailed response elsewhere in the thread so this is
moot now.