Re: [Fwd: Fedora 8 and 9 updates status]

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 3:41 AM, Tony Molloy <tony.molloy@xxxxx> wrote:

>>> Do you think that waiting for the official announcement and procedure
>>> from the Fedora Project is a good/valid idea?  Do you think that
>>> following unofficial advice and procedures may result in a
>>> mis-configured system that may need more attention later?  Would that be
>>> acceptable?
>>>

>> In my case there's a reason for doing the update and as I said I'm doing it on
>> a TEST laptop to check it out first.
>>
>> I've just installed Fedora-9 on approx two hundred workstations last week and
>> will have several hundred students back tomorrow. So  I was hoping to get the
>> update done today and not to  have to do it during semester.
>>
>> Tony
>>

> Sounds like a good reason to me.

I'm sure Tony feels a whole lot better now that someone has validated in
reasoning.  :-)

FWIW, I can talk myself into doing just about anything...and it sounds
good at the time.  Like the time that I talked myself into continuing
through an intersection on my bicycle because I was convinced the guy on
the motor scooter would see me and yield the right of way.  Granted it
was a hasty decision...yet it did not turn out well for me in the end.  :-(

--
A political man can have as his aim the realization of freedom, but he
has no means to realize it other than through violence. -- Jean Paul Sartre