Re: Thunderbird header 'date' display -

Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:

>>> That fixed it.  I forgot about that "addon."
>>>
>>> The hidden option is just a check box after selecting the "Sent Time"
>>> tab. Not sure what it does but I checked it.
>>>

>> Yes, what I'm to lazy to research...what the check box does.
>>

> Uncheck it and you lose what I was looking for, it reverts to showing
> only the local time, nothing more than that, in the header field.

I think you are misunderstanding what I am trying to say.....

I am *was* too lazy to find out exactly what the check box was doing
"under the hood".  I know what the results are...otherwise I would not
have been able to answer your question.  :-)

Under the odd it is adding this line...

user_pref("mailnews.display.original_date", true);

to the prefs.js file.

It is considered a "hidden" option since it does not show up in the
"advanced editor" display.  That line is either in the prefs.js or not.

So, if you don't want to install the ConfigDate addon you can simply add
the line above.

--
My brain is my second favorite organ. -- Woody Allen