Fetchmail + Sendmail for local users ??

Dear All,

I have a remote mail server and domain where all our mails are received. Locally I have a squid proxy server (non transparent)  (on FC6) behind a router through which my local users access the Internet as well as mails (browser based client).

Problem :
Few of my users receives huge amount of mails, thus slow net connectivity irritates them to check mails. I don't want to call all the mails on my local server as few of the staff members wants to access mails from different geographical locations.

Solution ??:
I am planning to setup fetchmail + sendmail so that I can fetch mails from remote server for few users and they can access mail through outlook express or squirrel mail.

Is the combination right ?? where can I get the how to about this combination ?? I have googled but ...

Regards

Arun