Re: The Scope and Ownership of fedora-list

Aldo Foot wrote:

I'm sure if was easy to do this it would have been done long ago and
this list would have a search function. Note: *easy*, not *possible*.

Not easy, but not impossible... we simply got to stick to the limitations
of the design.
A search function would greatly simplify the search
for answers. Don't we normally say "google this, google that" because
we know the benefit of a search mechanism?

Yes, for someone who is used to the mechanism, a raw search will often turn up useful information that isn't available in a better-organized format anywhere. But you have to discard the questions and incorrect answers that a search will return and it's not really a good replacement for a tutorial on how to find, add, and maintain the components that fedora omits.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx