Re: Java and openjdk

Les Mikesell wrote:

I expected more from the conformance test.

... which was my major point even earlier. Conformance tests won't get you what you wanted. Major apps are relying on non-standard implementation quirks and even bugs and break even between revisions from the same vendor.

For some very strange definition of 'works'. The article accompanying it describes parts that don't work.

I will go by what has been posted on the blog.

"Okay, I started mucking around with OpenJDK on Fedora 9 today, and it turns out it is pretty easy to build OpenNMS against OpenJDK and get it to work"

So more than merely building as your claimed earlier.

  In fact, I'd probably have one running
under vmware if I expected even that to work without having to track non-standard patches. Is that listed on the FAQ these days?

Feel free to use rpmfusion.org wiki for writing down all the content you wanted. Any good search engine can be your friend as well.

Rahul