Re: Linksys WRT54G2

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 03:27:47PM -0700, Rich Emberson wrote:
> I run Fedora 9 (only, no windows or macs). I recently was given a Linksys
> WRT54G2
> Wireless-G broadband router with its installation CD (which according to the
> terse instructions has a windows and mac modes - of course no Linux).
>
> I want to use this as simply a wireless access point to my existing LAN. I
> already have a router and DSL internet connection.
>
> Anyone have any experience or links which can help me figure out how to use
> this puppy?

And to post a 2nd reply to the same message:

i meant to add that you don't need their windows software for anything.
Those puppies all export their UI via a web page. If you don't know what
IP address it is configured for, you should be able to restore it to its'
factory settings by powering it on and pressing the little reset button
on the back of it and holding it for 30 seconds. Then you should be
able to connect a cat5 to one of the lan ports (not the wan port, the
one that would go to your modem) and browse to 192.168.0.1 or maybe it's
192.168.1.1, don't recall which.

That CD also should include a PDF manual that gives some info on how
to configure it once you've gotten to the point described above.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------
                       I can do all things through Christ