Re: The Scope and Ownership of fedora-list

On Thursday 28 August 2008 20:15:17 Les Mikesell wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> >> _AND_ keep in mind that this has next-to-nothing to do with Nvidia or
> >> other vendor-provided drivers, commercial software (even free - in the
> >> original sense - stuff like VMware, flash, realplayer), or how to
> >> install Sun Java, yet they are all equally shunned subjects in official
> >> channels.  That is their right, of course, but it means that fedora
> >> users need to be prepared to find information and resources elsewhere.
> >
> > So there should be an easy way to do this, right?
>
> Yes, many other mail lists have been improved by adding related wikis.
> http://k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
> http://backuppc.wiki.sourceforge.net/
> are a couple that I know about.  However, this is something of a special
> case in that there are reasons for it not to be closely associated with
> the project but you still need a single well-known location, at least as
> a starting point.

Since we're talking wikis, we are putting together one for all thinks kde.
It's still very new - only went live this evening and most dns servers
haven't picked it up yet, but the url is http://userbase.kde.org/.  Some of
the content is very new and some is rather old, and it needs much more input
about applications.  Until the migration of old wiki pages is complete,
editing is restricted to a group, but registration will open soon.  You can
send ideas to me even before that.

Anne