Re: samba installed from scratch on fc9 doesn't work for me

Craig White, il 27/08/2008 19:16, scrisse:

I don't believe so...smbfs was a kernel module that has been removed and
I don't know if the module source even exists in the current kernels as
it has been unmaintained for a long time.

fs/smbfs is still in the current kernel tree, and the latest touched file was fs/smbfs/smb_debug.h in kernel 2.6.26.

As for the days of using Windows 98 as a file server...they are probably
over though you can use smbclient to access...it's ugly.

I'm not trying to use win98 as a file server, I only need that these two machines could share files for backup purposes.... well, and that the win98 host could print to the samsung printer attached to the fedora box, but this is already working (is the only working thing in this samba installation).

--
      Massimo Maiurana         massimo<at>ragusa.linux.it
      http://massimo.solira.org       GPG keyID #7044D601

Articolo 33 - [...]Enti e privati hanno il diritto di istituire
scuole ed istituti di educazione, senza oneri per lo Stato.[...]