Re: how to hide nfs share absolute path to the clients

Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a file system /fs
> I want to export a directory /fs/nfsdir and all its subdirectories.
> As on the client side /etc/fstab is world readable, I would like not to
> show the absolute path of the server side.
> Is this possible with any kind of directives at client and/or server side?
> So that /etc/fstab on the clients would be

   Have you considered bind mounting to somewhere different and
exporting the bind mount ?

   To do this - on the nfs server fstab add a line something like:

/nfsapp/foo         /mnt/friendlyfoo        ext3 bind

then put /mnt/friendlyfoo into your /etc/exports file. This way if yo
uhave to roll to a backup disk or something you simply bind mount that
onto the friendly exported name.