Re: OT Electronics Help

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Tim wrote:

On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 15:09 +0000, g wrote:
wireless can be 802 wireless network or dedicated frequency band.

I can see it now, the neighbour hood script kiddy spending hours hacking
into the neighbours wireless LAN, only to be able to turn the garden
sprinklers on and off...  ;-)

Of course, if you had multiple sprinklers, all individually controlled,
there could be fun in sequencing them in a bizarre pattern.

Now I seem to recall somewhere in the western US something like that happens with big irrigation systems. The case I _think_ I remember involved the theft of the system, which then "called home".