Re: No GD in Fedora 9

Sanjay S Nair wrote:
HI

I am trying to use gd for some project in php. But i found that the gd is not installed. So downloaded the gd library manually and installed the source. but still the phpinfo() showing there is no GD installed.
Where is the probelm in this.

Rather than install from source, I'd suggest installing the php-gd package (yum install php-gd, it's in the main repositories) and restarting Apache

And I can't use the yum because of some error "Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: dag. Please verify its path and try again"

Temporarily disable the repository by passing "--disablerepo=dag" to yum's command line invocation (eg in the above example: yum --disablerepo=dag install php-gd")

Thanks

Michael.