Re: The Scope and Ownership of fedora-list

On Tue August 26 2008 04:51:30 Chris Tyler wrote:
> This list, fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx, is one of the first lists that most
> Fedora users join, and therefore quite important to the community.
> However, it's a high-volume list (and is sometimes perceived to have a
> high noise level), so many veterans of the Fedora community aren't
> subscribed.
>
> As the result of discussion at the last public (IRC) board meeting, it's
> been proposed that narrow the scope of this list a bit. The current
> description of this list simply reads:
>
>    fedora-users: For users of Fedora
>
> The proposed replacement is:
>
>    fedora-users: Help and support for using the Fedora distribution.
>
> Feedback on this proposed change is welcome.
>
> In addition, this list has been without an owner. Paul Frields and I
> have assumed ownership of the list, and we'd welcome one or two
> experienced members of the community to join us.

It's good to see board members prepared to mix it with the great unwashed
(err: users) but some questions:
Is their an irc log of this public meeting?? I missed it.
In this New low volume list, what & who is off topic.
How will this 'Help and support' take shape.
More details/disscusion needed.

...dex