Re: 13. Re: FC9 NetworkManager & WPA (Tim)

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 12:27 +0200, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> As far as I can tell, my NM has no recollection at all
> of where it has connected to;
> it appears to list all the access points it sees,
> and then chooses one at random.

It seems to get that side of things right, here (reselecting my access
point, same as last session).  Just curious, but is your wrong access
point selection an open one?  (One with no security.)

I can well imagine it going for the strongest signal, taking an open one
over one that you've set up password access to, as an automatic thing.
But I can't see any justification for it trying to pick an open one
that's weaker than other access points.

I went through the connection editing options, where you can customise
some of the connections.  A glaring omission would seem to be a way to
set it to always ignore particular ones.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.