Re: non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

* Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta@xxxxxxxxx> [20080825 05:53]:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:37:02 -0800
> > Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately, while a policy for future incidents would be nice, I don't set
> > it as a priority item at this time.  When your house is burning down, you don't
> > send out a rfq for fire sprinkler systems.
>
> Oh you've taken Apocolaptic Allogories 101?  I took advanced
> Rhetorical Rhetoric.  This should be fun.
>
> I also do not stand in the way of the fire fighters and asking them
> questions as to what's happening while they are putting the fire out.

What Frank is after is more akin to standing in the way of the fire
fighters, demanding to know what they are going to do about the house
burning to the ground behind his back and tell him *immediately* why
the house is on fire!

The worrying part is Frank's total lack of understanding about the
nature of the issue and frightening inability to understand the
explanations given to him.

> Nor do I do it to the fire investigators who poke around in the ashes
> trying to figure out whats wrong.  And last time I set a house on
> fire, it took weeks for the fire department to confidently determine
> that it was arson...and that was just a house fire.    When I blew up
> that chemical plant that one time, it took months to finally determine
> the cause.

Don't worry Jeff, Frank will totally ignore you here, or miss the
point you are making. If he actually "gets it" this time, I owe you a
beer.

/Anders