Re: H.D. install problem -

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
Bob Goodwin wrote:
Ok, I can't mount it on / because that's already used but I can mount it on /mnt and copy files at least. Thats a start, more than I've been able to do so far!

Why on earth would you want to mount it on "/"???? Then you wouldn't have access to your F9 filesystem (the F8 one would be mounted on top of it)....

I didn't want to mount it there but tried it and got an error message.

mount  /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 /mnt

I'll need to figure how to get grub to boot it ...

Should be similar to how the F9 system is booted, just the root= part should change, right? While you have your F8 filesystem mounted, look at your F8 grub.conf file and create an entry for it in your F9 grub.conf file.

Yes, I will work on that tomorrow, I've had enough for today!

Thanks for the help.

Bob