Re: non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 17:05 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 16:05:11 -0700
> Bruce Byfield <bbyfield@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >  it's not really surprising that interests should conflict
> > occasionally -- or that, in these circumstances, that actions should be
> > based primarily on corporate needs.
>
> And it shouldn't be surprising that they are being called on it.

Actually, it is. While you may not be too happy with the situation, you
also need to be realistic.

> > As for a "public ass-kicking," if you really want to do something
> > effective (as opposed to indulging in self-righteousness), I suggest you
> > contact Red Hat and Fedora officials directly, not merely vent in
> > forums.
>
> That's what the Fedora Board (or whatever its official name is) is for.

So write the board. Don't waste time here.

> They should be front-and-center right now handling the public ass-kicking on
> behalf of the community.

Why? Because you want them to be?

Anyway, they've been dealing with a difficult situation for a week.
Possibly, they mishandled it, but I don't begrudge them a day or two to
recuperate before plunging back into the action.

--
Bruce Byfield 604-421-7177
Burnaby, BC, Canada