Re: non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 12:46:59 -0500,
  Thomas Cameron <thomas.cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> is foolish and irresponsible to announce anything about that breach. Had
> Paul said "Hey all, we've gotten hacked and we don't know how badly or
> how they got in or what the damage is" he'd have been eaten alive, and
> rightly so.  Instead he took a very reasonable approach, apparently

In your opinion? It seems like many of the people in this thread would
have liked him to have said something to that effect in the first
message. That was not going to damage any ongoing investigation as shutting
down the servers was going to tip their hand in any case. It would have
given the community some information to act (or not) on.