Re: Fedora and Alpha

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Seann Clark wrote:

I am wondering, what the last revision of Fedora (if any) supported a DEC Alpha based system? I have an old Alpha with NT4 on it (eew) and am looking at something to put on this for it to be a good workstation, and to have a few fun choices. I am looking at Alphalinux as one but I remember quiet a few distro's used to support this platform. I am also wondering if anyone out there is doing this and using an alpha still.

To be honest I'd probably go with NetBSD (or FreeBSD if you like) for this. I have an UltraSPARC 5 that's to underpowered for current Solaris versions and I've been thinking of doing that with it.

	Just an option to keep in mind.

Joe

--
Interesting Boring Blog - http://x-nc.blogspot.com
A combination of insight and inanity for your reading pleasure