Re: Import Firefox profile from Windows to Linux

Jay Mistry:
Is it possible to import the Firefox profile folder (with extensions,
add-ons, preferences, etc) from a Windows install onto Fedora (FC 9),
without any loss of function?

If you are moving:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Moving_from_Windows_to_Linux

If you want to sync between win and lin, then a quick google found these, among others:

This is on Ubuntu
http://cybernetnews.com/2007/10/24/cybernotes-share-a-firefox-profile-between-ubuntu-and-windows/

This is older, but has workaround NTFS writing limitation in older drivers; I don't know for certain that this is a problem of ancient times in Fedora, but I suspect it is...
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=203524.....

This is about syncing thunderbird on fedora and win.

I haven't tried it yet myself, though.

Frode