Re: non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

Am Samstag, den 23.08.2008, 01:00 +0200 schrieb Björn Persson:
> fredagen den 22 augusti 2008 skrev Tim:
> > On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 16:08 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > There was an intrusion, and it affected the server which signs
> > > packages, hence the warning to hold off until tests had been done.
> >
> > They really should have said something more like that, first off.
>
> I agree. I can't see any reason why they couldn't have said the following a
> week ago:
>
> "......"

Beeing honest you might concede that there is not "one best single
solution" in such an event. There are several possibilities with their
own pros and cons. But you have to make a decission immediately, perhaps
without properly knowing all the details you would wish to know.

I think Fedora and RH made reasonable decisions.

Peter