Re: pulseaudio, howto make it work?

On Friday 22 August 2008, g wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
><snip>
>[1]
>
>>> be having address conflict.
>>
>> Never had one before pulseaudio.  No legitimate reason I should have one
>> now.
>
>[2]
>
>>> maybe disable ac97 in bios to see padmin shows.
>>
>> I don't think I can in this bios.
>
>strange a bios writer would not consider need to disable. jumpers maybe?
>what is board make, model? bios version?

Biostar, M7NCD-Pro, bios unk but up to date according to the biostar web pages
a couple of weeks ago, board is 5 years old so I doubt there will ever be
another update.

I have time before amanda fires up, so I will reboot and see if I can disable
the nvidia stuff just for grins.

Ok, did, but now I have no sound at all.  The nforce is not showing in the
lspci output now, and there are fewer channels showing in paman, but no
sound.

>[3]
>
>> If I rpm -e pulseaudio, or as much as I can without completely
>> eviscerating the system, it will start working, or did the last time,
>> without even a reboot.
>
>1 & 3 made me do some more thinking and that it is definitely pulseaudio,
>so i took a look at   http://www.pulseaudio.org
>and found there to be some problems.
>
>searches as: ac97, sbo-400, then "audigy 2" using quotes.

I'll do that tomorrow when I'm fresher, I was in the middle of laying 6 yards
of concrete today, bringing the total up to 13 yards since wednesday.  I'm
gettin too old for this hard work.

>these are hits and traces;
>http://www.pulseaudio.org/search?q=ac97&wiki=on&changeset=on&ticket=on
>http://www.pulseaudio.org/ticket/266
>http://www.pulseaudio.org/search?q=ac97&wiki=on&changeset=on&ticket=on
>http://www.pulseaudio.org/ticket/139
>http://www.pulseaudio.org/search?q=%22Audigy+2%22&wiki=on&changeset=on&ticke
>t=on http://www.pulseaudio.org/ticket/247
>http://www.pulseaudio.org/ticket/206
>http://www.pulseaudio.org/search?q=Audigy+2&noquickjump=1&ticket=on&changese
>t=on&wiki=on
> http://www.pulseaudio.org/search?q=sbo-400&noquickjump=1&ticket=on&changese
>t=on&wiki=on
> http://www.pulseaudio.org/search?q=%22ac97%22+AND+%22sbo-400%22&wiki=on&cha
>ngeset=on&ticket=on
>
>knowing your system, you can probably dig further and get a better idea
>of what to try.

Maybe, thanks g.

--
Cheers, Gene