Re: pulseaudio, howto make it work?

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>just a thought, if padmin is seeing ac97 and not sbo-400, could you possibly
>be having address conflict.

Never had one before pulseaudio.  No legitimate reason I should have one now.

Have you tried checking to see if your user has permission to write to the audio device?  If it doesn't, pulseaudio will pretend it's not even there.

The fedora gods insist this isn't a bug (someone resolved it with NOTABUG, yippee), so you're not going to see a fix.  But if that truly is the problem, just adjust your udev rules to create it with the correct permissions and add yourself to rt-pulse.  Fixed it for me.

Hooray for moving forward.

--Russell