Re: pulseaudio, howto make it work?

On Friday 22 August 2008, g wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
><snip>
>
>> padmin displays, on the server tab, a whole menu of alsa stuff, every one
>> of which points into the nvidia chipsets builtin ac97 audio on this
>> motgher board, and absolutely zero reference is made to the the SBO-400
>> Audigy 2 card
>
>just a thought, if padmin is seeing ac97 and not sbo-400, could you possibly
>be having address conflict.

Never had one before pulseaudio.  No legitimate reason I should have one now.

>maybe disable ac97 in bios to see padmin shows.

I don't think I can in this bios.

>you are under a 'new moon' and things may have been change to not allow both
>on board and card work together.

If I rpm -e pulseaudio, or as much as I can without completely eviscerating
the system, it will start working, or did the last time, without even a
reboot.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)