Re: non-disclosure of infrastructure problem a management issue?

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-August/msg00088.
>html

"Interfering with an investigation"? Bullshit!

I suppose it's also illegal to stop the intruder until the investigation is
done, then? You have to let him continue causing damage, reading your secrets
and covering his tracks, because if you stop him he'll know he's been
discovered and then you've interfered with the investigation, right? I knew
the legal system in the USA was crazy but I really didn't think it was *that*
insane.

When you discover an intrusion, the *first* thing you should do is yank the
network cable out. An inevitable side effect of this is that the intruder
finds out that he's been discovered. Warning others who may also be affected
doesn't help the intruder get away better when he already knows he's been
discovered.

Björn Persson