Anaconda (or libata?) device detection order

Hi,

I've been creating a custom spin with revisor and it's going very well,
except for one fairly major problem...

It seems that when booting an installed system, /dev/sda corresponds to
a PATA device, but during installation (via anaconda), /dev/sda
corresponds to a SATA device.

To clarify... when anaconda runs I would like it to install to the
primary master PATA drive if present. Strangely (or strange to me
anyway), it seems that SATA devices get detected first. I thought that
PATA devices would be detected first, so that in my kickstart file I
could specify my desired partitioning to be on disk /dev/sda.

When there are only PATA devices installed this works fine, it goes on
the primary master. However if SATA devices are present as well as PATA,
it installs to the first SATA device.

If I set grub.conf of the installed system to boot from /dev/sda, it
tries to boot from the PATA disk rather than the SATA disk to which it
installed. I can get around this by pointing grub.conf to the UUID of
the disk to which it installed. However, I'm surprised that /dev/sda
seems to be a SATA disk during installation, and a PATA disk during boot.

Any thoughts as to why this might be? What decides the device detection
order? Is it libata or something else?

Thanks,

--
Chris