Re: spooky coincidence or disk killer virus?

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Tom Horsley <tom.horsley@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I agree with the others, most likey power or impulse related.

Yea, power could be it. I unplugged everything earlier in the
day the first one died because one of those "Wrath of God" style
thunder boomers was heading my way. Maybe I didn't turn it off
soon enough.

If lightning strikes close enough it doesn't matter if it's unplugged, lightning causes an EMP which could fry stuff.  Has to be really close though,. and you'd know it.

Look for videos of close strikes on youtube, you can see the EMP hit the electronics of the camera, manifests as a distortion in the video.

I'm a bit of a weather geek.  :-)

--Russell