Re: F8(1) vs multimedia production(0)

Dunno about freshrpms, but livna's versions of kino are very long in the
tooth.

dude... they just release 1.3.1 this week... livna has 1.3.0 which was the last release in like feb.  Do you even keep up with kino development? I talked to the kino developer last november...at that point in time he considered kino development as done...and did not expect to see much more in the way of new exciting development with kino. He's keeping it maintained just so it basically keeps working as it is. Adding an additional default export script or adding contributed translations are pretty minor advancements.  I actually worked with him to create an ogg theora exporter that uses gstreamer, instead of ffmpeg prior to the 1.3.0 release in Feb.

-jef