Re: where to request a newer package version?

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 but then i found this page:

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=752

which appears to suggest that 1.5.1 does indeed exist for f9.  i'm
just not sure how to interpret that page -- doesn't it imply that
subversion has been successfully packaged for f9?

finding something built in koji does not mean it was released. I can do a scratch build of pretty much anything I want in koji against f9..and never release it for consumption to the repos.  I do that all the time just to tease users and burn cpu cycles unnecessarily... I am evil.

In this case however, the maintainer has released that version of subversion to updates-testing, a repository which is not enabled by default on client system. New updates go there first.

I would point you to the specific bodhi page for the update, but the bodhi system is down at the moment so I can't.

Generally speaking though.. you should go to bodhi.fedoraproject.org  when looking to see if a specific update has been made available if you are unable to use yum or repoquery tools clientside on a running Fedora system. And even then you should go to bodhi and file in comments for updates in updates-testing that you want to see released to /prevented from the main updates repository.

-jef